Monday, October 22, 2007

Meet My Papa


Meet my Papa -- I didn't have all those years to really know him -- but I knew his character and his heart. He departed from this earth too early... but God always has a plan. He represented one who deeply had a connection with Almighty God. His FOCUS was always on God. Born in Yugoslavia - served in the Slovak military - immigrated to Canada (1936) with his family. A hard working farmer (earning a dollar a week on the farm) who also dedicated his life to the service of God. Taking time out of his schedule - going back to his home country, Yugoslavia, preaching the gospel.

Growing up we visited him in Canada quite often. Each visit consisted of a family prayer before a meal and conversation always led to the Bible. Looking back at those times - I admire the dedication and heart toward God. His faithfulness in service is respected. One thing I strive to pass on to my following family generations.

Many fond memories....

(picture of Papa, Tami and I)

No comments: