Thursday, March 03, 2005

REMEMBER!!! A powerful weapon

"When he finally came to his senses, he said to himself, `At home even the hired men have food enough to spare, and here I am, dying of hunger!" Luke 15:17

The story of the prodical son is a powerful example of restoration and reconciliation - but have you ever wondered what spured the prodical to want to return. HIS MEMORY!!! He remembered that His father had food on the table - He recalled that his father provided for Him. The bible says "When he came to his senses" - in other words - when he REMEMBERED.

Think and remember the things God has done in your life - recall the blessings - recall the victory's - recall the day He set you free. The enemy can't steal our memory -- let's use this tool as a weapon - When you remember and come to your senses of what God the Father has done for you - speak those things out of your mouth - proclaim your victory. If you feel defeated - I can confirm to you that if you speak and proclaim your blessings, your victory's - you will start seeing a change.

For me here are a few things that I can recall and remember how God has had His hand on my life:
- "Lord, you have been so faithful to me..."
- "God, I thank you for directing my life, I look back and see my steps being ordered"
- "Father, I thank you for your spirit comforting me, when I felt alone"
- "I thank you for healing my body - I remember a time, I couldn't hold food down and KNOW I have the victory"
- "Lord I thank you for loving me, when a lot of times I don't deserve it".

These are a few examples you could apply to your life - speak what God has done in your life - REMEMBER and RECALL. A lot of times the enemy tries to make you forget that God has done something in your life - don't let him steal your victory's - speak them out of your mouth.

Be blessed today! - Growing in God's Love- TIM

No comments: